Sunday, January 01, 2006

Extreme Annoyances of the Third Kind

Things. They annoy me. "But what are things? That's too general! They could be anything? Does everything annoy you? Do you annoy yourself? How-" Quiet. You're annoying me. But fine, here is something specific. There are common things that people do or say, things that are accepted by society, despite the fact that they are useless. Those really get to me. I was conditioned to accept them growing up, but I have come to realize that they are stupid. Today, for example, I was listening to a news report about the floods in California, due to violent storms in the region. Remarking on the grim outlook the authorities had on the situation, the reporter covering the story said, "If it continues to rain, the flooding will get worse." Let's look at that for a moment, shall we? Can you smell that? I can. It's the stench of stupidity. Here's another one: those road signs with pictures of stop signs on them. Come on. It makes me sad, angry, and nauseous all at the same time. Kind of like your girlfriend telling you she wants to see other people, while you're riding a roller coaster together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home