Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Lion, The Oil, and The Israeli Assassins

I've seen three movies in the theaters last month. Can you guess which ones they are? Syriana, Chronicles of Narnia, and Munich. They were pretty good, too. Syriana was filmed very well camera wise, but it was extremely confusing. In the end, I got the overall plot, but to completely understand it I would have to watch it at least one more time. Chronicles of Narnia was ever so slightly corny, but it made up for that with some seriously kick-ass scenes. And I couldn't really figure out how Azlan is secretly supposed to be Jesus. Not in the movie anyway. The most recent one I saw, and really liked, was Munich. It was cool, but serious, and it mainatined a neutral position throughout the entire film. Not something you see too often nowadays, especially in movies that involve politics, like this one did.

For those of you who "don't like da writing wid too much wordy tings" I made a chart:

See Syriana if you like...

The government.
Big name oil companies.
Crazy Middle Eastern commandos.
Fingernails.

See Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe if you like...

Lions.
Witches.
Wardrobes.
Statues.
World War Two.
Lord of the Rings style battles.
Beavers with funny accents.
Turkish delights.

See Munich if you like...

Jewish assassins.
Explosions.
Jewish commandos.
Gunfights.
Rich Jewish men.
Blood.
Muslim assassins.
The Olympics.
Muslim commandos.
Cute little babies.
Rich Muslim men.
An angry old Greek dude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home