Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I eat political corrections for breakfast.

I was watching that show the other day, the one on CBS, with the hour. The Hour Show, The Weekly Hour... Sixty Minutes! Sorry, my brain doesn't work as well as it should, and it doesn't work as well as it should either. Anyhoo, I was watching the segment of the Sixty thing where Andy Rooney talks about something. During this "talk" he came to the subject of women in prison. Rooney stated that women make up only seven(7) percent(%) of all people in jail, at which point the words "WOMEN: 7%" appeared across the screen. He continued on to say that men made up ninety-three(93) percent(%) of all people in jail. Then the words "MEN: 93%" appeared right under the women's percentage. Now, Andy Rooney isn't stupid, or he wouldn't have his own piece on Sixty Minutes. It's that the producers found it necessary to put both the amounts of women and men in big bold letters on the screen for the viewing audience. Do these people really think we're that stupid? I sure hope they do, because if they didn't, they'd be wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home